SVN repository: https://devel.gvsig.org/svn/gvsig-desktop
Maven repository: https://devel.gvsig.org/m2repo/j2se/
gvSIG is a Geographic Information System (GIS), that is, a desktop application designed for capturing, storing, handling, analyzing and deploying any kind of referenced geographic information in order to solve complex management and planning problems.
gvSIG is known for having a user-friendly interface, being able to access the most common formats, both vector and raster ones. It features a wide range of tools for working with geographic-like information (query tools, layout creation, geoprocessing, networks, etc.), which turns gvSIG into the ideal tool for users working in the land realm.
gvSIG is known for:
- integrating in the same view both local and remote data through OGC standards.
- being designed to be easily extendable, allowing continous application enhancement, as well as enabling the development of tailor-made solutions.
- being open source software, under GNU/GPL license, which allows its free use, distribution, study and improvement.
- being available in several languages (Spanish, English, German, French, Italian,...)
- being developed using Java, and being available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X platforms
- Subprojects: gvSIG 3D, gvSIG CDT Board, gvSIG data provider for MS SQLServer, gvSIG data provider for DGN, gvSIG data provider for DWG, gvSIG data provider for DXF, gvSIG data provider for GPE, gvSIG data provider for PostgreSQL, gvSIG data provider for WFS, gvSIG data providers based on gdal, gvSIG desktop customize, gvSIG Document Layout, gvSIG geoprocess, gvSIG legends: base legends, gvSIG Linear Reference System, gvSIG projections, gvSIG raster, gvSIG scripting, gvSIG tools: ToolBox, gvSIG tools: Attribute editor, gvSIG tools: Catalog, gvSIG tools: Derived geometries, gvSIG tools: Expression Field, gvSIG tools: HyperLink, gvSIG tools: Legend and labeling scale dependent, gvSIG tools: Mapsheets, gvSIG tools: Vector editing, Library: org.gvsig.tools
- Bugs: 0 open / 0
- Task: 0 open / 19
- Support: 0 open / 2
- gvSIG bugs: 336 open / 3409
- gvSIG feature requests: 193 open / 721
- gvSIG add-on requests: 0 open / 529
- gvSIG wishlist: 6 open / 17
Project manager: Cesar Ordiñana, Joaquín del Cerro Murciano, Manuel Madrid, Mario Carrera, Álvaro Anguix
Developer: Cesar Martinez Izquierdo, Cesar Ordiñana, Francisco Díaz Carsí, Ignacio Brodín, Javi Rodrigo Blanco, Joaquín del Cerro Murciano, Jorge Sanz, Jose Manuel Vivó Arnal, José Badía, José Olivas, José Vicente Higón, Juan Lucas Domínguez, Lluís Marqués, Mario Carrera, Miguel Company, Álvaro Anguix, Óscar Martínez
Reporter: Antonio Falciano, Daniel Martinez, Francisco Puga, Gabriel Carrión, Giuliano Ramat, Ignacio Brodín, José Olivas, Lucía Martínez, Manuel Madrid, Mario Carrera, Matéo Boudon, Victor Montes Camara, Victoria Agazzi, Álvaro Anguix, Óscar Martínez, Óscar Morales
gvSIG Team: Joaquín del Cerro Murciano, Mario Carrera, Álvaro Anguix, Óscar Martínez